INPAX Ranges & Academy of Personal Protection exists to provide the training, tools and tradecraft necessary to change the way people think and live in the world, and as result, develop a sense of confidence and security that transcends and positively influences all aspects of their lives. INPAX is excited to create the region’s premier indoor firing range, retail outfitter, and personal security training academy with an anticipated opening in early 2018 – and we want you to join us!
We are currently recruiting for individuals to join our team as Defensive Tactics Instructors.
Do you …
- want to embark on a new career path or supplement your current career as an instructor?
- bring enthusiasm to the world of fitness and personal protection training to help people be their best?
- identify with core traits of: Integrity – Dependability – Initiative – Loyalty – Service?
Then this position may be for you!
General Description / Purpose
Serve as subject matter expert and provide individual and group training for private citizens, law enforcement and government agents in all areas of self-defense including, but not limited to, tactical response and crisis resolution.
- Schedule dependent upon course offerings and availability
- Opportunities for part-time and full-time instructors available
- Training and qualification provided through the INPAX Instructor Development Program for INPAX Instructor Certification
- Demonstrate and instruct on safe and appropriate practices
- Apply comprehensive knowledge and competency in all areas of instruction relating to defensive tactics and crisis response training
- Facilitate one-one-one and group classes to all levels of ability and familiarity
- Maintain up-to-date on course curriculum, teaching methodologies and techniques
- Provide input and assistance in development, design, and/or revision of courses to reflect new or changing concepts and techniques in the field
- Identify learning objectives; utilize teaching aids; employ knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods; and carry out training presentations within prescribed course framework
- Evaluate training effectiveness by observing student performance and student application of technique/skill.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Mastery of self-defense techniques and ability to teach them.
- Able to model, teach, and critique self-defense tactics to clients in a variety of skill and age ranges.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team; capable of building strong internal and external relationships via exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Understand mental and physical components of self-defense and able to convey and instill importance of both.
- Demonstrate exemplary communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Self-motivated with exceptional personal discipline.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- Exercise a high degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of advanced knowledge and practice of martial arts, personal safety, defensive fighting, physical training, and/or law enforcement defensive tactics preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years teaching experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years specialized experience applying the principles, practices, skills and techniques used by military force, security police, or law enforcement personnel preferred.
- HS Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated related experience may be substituted for preferred education.
- Must successfully complete INPAX training and both practical and written examinations.
Physical Job Requirements
- The training program is very physically intensive. Participants must have good physical strength, flexibility, agility and range of motion to complete the training and subsequently demonstrate training to clients.
- Maintain a level of physical fitness and agility sufficient to perform requisite physical tasks and function.
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions.
- Ability to hear and respond appropriately to facility and range commands.
INPAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.