We seek a dynamic, experienced change agent to lead the HR department for 100+ employees at our thriving law firm headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh. Our firm culture is built on providing outstanding client service, caring for our team, and giving back to our community. If our core values of excellence, honesty & integrity, trust & fairness, client-centered, empathy and professionalism are your core values, then we want to hear from you.
Director, Human Resources will provide strategic direction and leadership by planning, implementing and managing all Human Resources functions, programs, policies and practices for the organization. The ideal candidate will be able to promote a collaborative and productive work culture; serve with integrity; inspire trust; and thrive in a high energy environment. A good sense of humor is a must!
Responsibilities and Duties
· Drives HR initiatives in the firm
· Leads HR operations and manages the HR team
· Communicates regularly to Leadership and Employees
· Manages all facets of HR including recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, training and development, payroll and safety
· Provides guidance and training to direct supervisors, managers and leaders
· Provides structure to HRIS, metrics and reporting
· Implements recognition programs, team building events and other activities to enhance corporate culture and increase employee engagement
· Serves as a liaison with benefit provides, HR contractors, legal counsel, and insurance brokers
· Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
· Minimum 10 years as a HR Generalist with progressive experience
· Minimum 5 years supervisory experience
· Current and actively maintained PHR or SPHR Certification and/or SHRM’s CP/SCP Certification